Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Blog-a-Birthday Wish to My Sister Rose!

Celebrate! It's time for another blog-a birthday! This one goes out to my sister Rose! Happy, Happy Birthday Rose!

Rose is the shorter one! This picture was taken this past summer of Rose and her son Isiah at Adam and Sam's wedding. Rose is the big sister of all of us. She was the first born of the seven siblings in our family. I thought I would follow the same format that I did in my last sibling post - here goes....

Tell us a favorite memory of your sister Rose

There are actually two things that come to mind - one is the time that I spent with Rose in New York as a teenager. Rose was in the convent at the time and we played like we never had the chance as kids. We went to the Statue of Liberty, World Trade Center and Times Square just to name a few! I'll never forget our snowball fights. Rose was in the convent at the time so here I an having a snowball fight with a nun - that has got to be a once in a lifetime opportunity! The other is when Rose moved to Washington from California and I flew down and drove back with her pulling a U-haul trailer.

Tell us about one of Rose's greatest accomplishments?

Rose is an educated women who has always had a sense of adventure that I have always admired. She is well traveled and accomplished. She has a wonderful son that she has stood by and supported throughout life's challenges.

Why are people attracted to her?
That's easy - she is funny, easy to talk to driven and smart. Rose has an incredible life story that when you know makes you appreciate her even more.

What are you most thankful to your sister Rose for?
Her unconditional love. She has stood by me, other family members and her son through the challenges of life. I'm thankful of the special memories of our times together in New York, ditching brother Joachim in Times Square being one of my favorite memories.

What words you would use to describe her?

She's loving, strong, funny and smart,a survivor, compassionate, supportive, opinionated, traveled, and just plain fun to be around.

In closing - is there anything else you would like to add?

Yes - and as I did with my sister Midge, I'd like to say it directly to my sister Rose -

I know we don't get to spend as much time together as I would like - I admire you, I'm proud of you but mostly I miss you! I am so proud of the women you have become and the unconditional love you have for Isiah.

Happy Birthday Rose!

Please join me in wishing Rose a Happy Birthday!

Love you Rose -

Jim

2 comments:

  1. Happy Happy birthday Rose, my first born beautiful daughter. You have only grown in beauty both inside and out. You reside in my heart always Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feliz cumpleaous mi hermana
    rose!
    amore mucho Midge

    ReplyDelete