Sunday, September 28, 2008

Halloween!

I am going to let you in on a little factoid - the gays love Halloween! It's our holiday! I think it has to do with the dressing up and all the makeup involved! Not so much for me - I'll take a hat with feathers any day!


I love this picture of Kent taken a few years ago as we got ready to go to a Halloween party. We ended up scrapping the whole thing and not going - he didn't think it was looking good - I think it was looking great! I especially love the big prosthetic forehead!


I love the fall decorating that comes with Halloween. We have collected way too much Halloween "stuff" over the years. We took it out of storage last week and will get started decorating for fall this week.


I especially love Halloween when it falls in a presidential election year! The pumpkin carving opportunities are endless! I did this one in 2004! This year of course I will do an Obama-Biden pumpkin. But I am so doing one with Palin's face on it! It of course will be called the "Wicked Witch of the North" LOL...IKM!

I'll publish a few pictures once the decorating frenzy is over - hummm....., perhaps we should have a little fall gathering?

Later -

Jim

5 comments:

  1. Ooooh! I am getting out my decorations this week. Of course, I don't have nearly as many as you, judging by the numerous totes in your picture. I can't wait to see the pictures of your decorated home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I think Kent's costume looked great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll never forget our drag queen, and neither will the hospital!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you kidding, that hat is you Jim!
    Decorate for Halloween, hell are you joking, now I know I will never
    wake up to discover I am gay. I just took down my Chistmas stuff after Adam & Sam got married, and why I ask, it is almost time to put it up again!
    Oh such is the life of a slow
    hetero, love Midge
    p.s. William & Sarah are offically
    engaged! YEAH

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved your Kerry Edwards pumkin! I can't wait to see the Obama one. But most of all I want to see Sarah! I'm sure it will fit in Saturday night live well!
    Isn't it great about William and OUR Sarah? Not surprising, But wonderful! Love BL (AKA Mom)

    ReplyDelete