Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Blog - a - Postcard!

It's another Blog-a-postcard!

This one comes from my Mom and Dad from the famous Olive Pit! It's located in Corning California and is a must stop if you are on a road trip driving south on I-5 in northern California! Kent and I stop every time we are down in the area. Great almonds too!


Welcome to Olive Pit! Offering Olives and More!


Over 40 years ago, Pete and Ann Craig displayed several jars of olives on a small shelf of the original Olive Pit – a frostie and hamburger stand – to see if any one would be interested in buying their locally grown, locally produced olives. People were quick to purchase the olives and a Corning tradition was born.


Today the Craig family, including Ann, still serves travelers with tasty frosties and delicious olive burgers – their store has expanded five times to meet the demands of hungry visitors. The inventory has also expanded and now includes a variety of Olives, Olive Oils, Nuts, Vinegars, Mustard's and Gift Items – local products that will liven up any meal, from a quiet meal for two to a large gathering of friends and family.

Stop in - I guarantee you will enjoy this quick diversion!


Later -

Jim

3 comments:

  1. Wow, can't say I've ever heard of the olive burger. Interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've passed by there a million times and never stopped. Next time I will.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Bill! It is well worth the stop! I love your hat, I have of course seen the picture before, but I enjoy it each time. You're a pretty handsome dude!
    Warmly Bettylou AKA Jim's Mom

    ReplyDelete