Monday, September 1, 2008

Bye, Bye Tyrone!

Okay- I’ve put it off as long as I can. Talking about the Husky embarrassing loss against the Ducks!

Because I can I am going to put of talking about it a bit more! It’s been a football weekend! As I am writing this we are watching the final game of Labor Day weekend - UCLA at the Rose Bowl against Tennessee. I can’t help but hope Tennessee pulls it off given Rick Neuheisel history at Washington.
Is it time for Willingham to go? I have to say - yes! I have been on the fence really wanting Willingham to be successful. But after the embarrassing loss to Oregon – it’s time for a change. We’ve been season ticket holders for the past four years and have held in there but it’s time for the Huskies to get it together. The one positive thing about the loss in Oregon is that it united a divided front as to whether Tyrone should be fired or not - the vote is in and it’s time for a change. (I admit, I will be singing a different tune if the Huskies win against BYU)

We went to Eugene with so much hope that we would be different this year, only to have our hopes dashed in the second half of the game.
Unless there are some serious changes we will be lucky to win four games – I hope I am wrong!
(UCLA just scored the first touchdown against Tennessee)

There will be plenty of time to talk about the Huskies – we had a great time nonetheless going to Eugene for the games. We went with our friend Bill who we have season tickets for Basketball with.

Football - he joins us for the away games. We had heard so much about the fans being mean - that we were not sure what to expect. Most everyone was really nice.

Bill took some great pictures during our trip that I decided to use his pictures in this post.

The stadium was really cool! Recently remodeled - there were a lot of Washington fans that made the drive down.
Next weekend we play BYU - we really need to win this game! I have to remain hopeful – I can see the headline now – "Huge Husky Upset!"
Enough about football – this week look for my comments about the Grandma (oops!) from Alaska who was named the Republican Vice President nomination. I’ve got a lot to say about her! She may be hot as described by an anonymous post to my blog (she reminds me of the chick who takes off her glasses and let’s her hair down and becomes a totally hot.

Fall gardening is also here! Fall bulbs are in stores now! But wait and let me blog about them before you go out and buy. We have lots of time and you will save money if you wait.

Thanks for checking in and thanks for the comment’s - I appreciate it.
P.S Tennessee is leading UCLA 14-7 at this time (early in third Quarter).
Have a good one -

Jim

1 comment:

  1. USC Trojans No. 1 on AP

    UCLA Bruins break into Top 25

    Go Bruins. My Man Rick.

    ReplyDelete