Tuesday, September 2, 2008

This and that........

I received an anonymous post letting me know that UCLA had made it in the top 25 in both the AP poll and the coaches poll. I am working on getting the polls on the site as well as the PAC-10 schedule. They are large and I need to work on fitting them in the right or left columns. Keep checking back!

When I logged off last night Tennessee was ahead by 7 over UCLA. What a difference a quarter can make!
UCLA ended up winning in a nail bitter in OT, 24-27. It was a great game.

Enough of football until Saturday when we play 15th ranked BYU. Maintaining optimism - Go Dawgs!

I've been asked a lot about what I think about McCain's choice of a running mate - Sarah Palin All I needed to know to help me quickly form my opinion was that Rush Limbaugh has been suggesting her as a running mate. I've done some research and have come up with the following reasons that she was a poor choice.


1 - She has no foreign policy experience - None.
2 - She is a creationist, and she wants "creation science" to be taught in public schools.
3 - She doesn't believe in man-made global warming. Maybe that's why she supports drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge?
4 - Not only does she think the government should be telling people who they can and cannot marry, she also thinks that same sex couples should be denied benefits given to straight couples.
5- Palin has been accused of abusing her power as Alaska governor to try to get her ex-brother-in-law fired as a state trooper. An investigation is underway and she has hired a private attorney.
6 - She doesn't want the polar bear to make it onto the endangered species list.
7 - Anti-birth control- Not only does Palin oppose abortion in all cases, she also opposes the use of birth control in all cases. That includes married couples that want to use condoms or the pill!
I could go on and on about the bits of information that I found. There was been much said in the last day about her personal life. I could care less that her teenage daughter is pregnant, that she was in a beauty pageant, that her husband had a DUI, she smoked pot, etc. I am concerned about her public policy and ethics.

I do think that choosing her shows very poor judgment on McCain's part - in a desperate attempt to get the female vote, he picks a woman with a resume thinner than Obama's (after telling us Obama had no experience!)

I love what Richard Roeper had to say about her - (and I thought he just reviewed movies!)
"In other and more-telling respects, Palin sounds like Ted Nugent with a uterus. She's a "hockey mom" and a crack shot, she ice-fishes, and her manly-man husband is a four-time Iron Dog snowmobile race champion. She's a member of the NRA, she's "as pro-life as any candidate can be," she's no friend to the environment, and she opposes same-sex marriage.
And it's said she enjoys a good mooseburger from time to time."
In case you are interested - from Wildliferecipes.net
The Mooseburger

1 lg Sesame seed bun
1 Lettuce leaf
1 Thick tomato slice
1 Thick onion slice
1/4 sl Dill pickle
6 Ounces of ground moose made into patty
2 Ounces of ground pork
Mix moose meat with 2 oz of ground pork.
Broil patty to taste.
Place on 1/2 of toasted sesame seed bun. Add onion, pickle, tomato, and lettuce, and top with favorite sauce. Serves 1.
Mix with onion soup mix (1 packet per pound of meat) for more flavor.
Hilarious! There's a website out there for everything!
Regardless of the outcome of the election it will be historical nonetheless.
Later -
Jim

1 comment:

  1. Oh no, "Ted Nuget with a uterus." Love it. Ted Nuget...now that's a scary individual. I wouldn't want to run into him in the dark.

    ReplyDelete