Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Container Gardening

I have been working on the fall containers for the front porch and will be posting a blog in the next day or so with the outcome. If I must say so myself - they are looking pretty good!

In the mean time I took some photographs of some of the containers that I have in my yard right now and wanted to share then before the frost comes and they are done for the year.



I put together one of these on each side of the garage. I planted them back in June and they really took off. I love the combination and texture of the foliage. I remember the day that I purchased the plants for these containers. I had a meeting out on Vashon Island and stopped in at
Dig Floral and Garden and made my plant selection. Funny what you remember - I can't remember what I was doing yesterday but I can remember buying these plants!

This is actually a combination of a couple of containers. The grass is a perennial one that I put together several years ago. It''s really beautiful and makes a relaxing sound as it catches a breeze. The one in the background is a simple annual one container with variegated geranium and fountain grass.

I've got this one hanging on the fence to the left of the gate going into the backyard. I love how the evergreen clematis has made it's way around the plant.

I love the color of this Calibrachoa (miniature petunia). It looks great hanging along the fence in the backyard. This is a great plant that requires little care and just grows and grows!

This is one of my all time favorites! I planted this oak tree in a pot and have had it on the back patio for years now. Each fall the colors get more vibrant. In a few more days it will be completely red!


Remember this one? This is the one that I used in an earlier post on container gardening. I put this pot together for less than $10!


Last one is this Fountain Grass in a container on the back deck. It looks great all summer and then looks especially nice in the fall.


I hope you enjoy these pictures and that it tides you over before I post the new containers on the front porch!

Later -

Jim

2 comments:

  1. I am jealous! You are so creative. You get that from your Grandmother, I think! I'm sorry in some ways you didn't get to know her.She was an artist,in many ways. Washington is much more container friendly. Your plant arrangements are beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete