Saturday, September 20, 2008

Chaffed Nipples and Blisters!

I'm sure this is too much information but it's a sad reality of marathon running. I have these NipGuards which work really great if you remember to pack them! Trust me I would not be talking to you about my nipples under any other circumstance (well maybe)! These guards are a life saver!

We both completed our runs and had a great time. The Lake Chelan Marathon is a beautiful course that hugs the lake the entire way.

This is a picture that I found on the web. Believe it or not we did not take any of our own pictures. It was logistically impossible with both of us running.

I did not complete the run in 4 hours as I had hoped. I don't have the official time yet but it was closer to 4:20. Every time I run another marathon I learn something new that should help the next time. In this particular run I started out great and for the first 15 miles, I was on pace. From mile 16 through the end I began to experience muscle cramps in both legs. I'm not sure what causes them - I'll have to do some research.

This is the park in Manson where the race ended. If you've never been to Lake Chelan or Manson take the time someday. It's a beautiful place with great wineries! Check out the link for wineries - I think you'll be impressed.

I ran into the race director for the Yakima River Canyon Run - I completed that marathon earlier in the year. She has very nice and inspired me to do that one again next year. I am going to try to get one more marathon in this year. I'm thinking about he Seattle Marathon since I've never done it before. That will make three this year.

Have a good one -

Jim

5 comments:

  1. congratulations! I have no idea how you had the energy to write your blog after a Marathon, but of course you are always amazing me, and Dad. Kent congratulations to you too, we are so glad you are our son-inlaw! We are truely blessed. Much love M&D

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. How do you get chapped nippples I thought that was the domain of nursing mothers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I even reminded you to take the NipGuards on Friday! I can't believe you forgot them! Congrats to you both, I think it's an amazing feat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Jim!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Jim! You are an inspiration. Hope your nipples feel better soon. LOL! - Kim

    ReplyDelete