Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Week Six Training Update and other Stuff

I'm nearing the half way point in the training and things are going well!  This morning I ran 9 miles at an 8 minute mile pace - but I'm getting ahead of myself!

Kent and I got back from our quick trip to northern California yesterday.  We had been down to celebrate my Mom's 70th Birthday.  We had a great time and enjoyed seeing people that we have not seen in years and meeting a lot of new people.  I will post a few pictures once I get some sent to me - I did not take many as their were cameras flying all over the place!

We always enjoy our time on our visits to my parents - northern California is such a beautiful area and there are so many things to do that we never tire or lack for new things to do while there.

I already posted about the Sundial Bridge but I wanted to add a link.  It's well worth the short detour to check out if you are traveling up or down I-5 and find yourself near Redding, California.

It's a popular area for running biking or just taking a long walk as the bridge connects with the Sacramento River Trail.  Check it out! 

Hard  to believe that I finished week six and already I'm into week seven!  Time flies when you are packing on the miles!  I was looking at my running log for May and the totals were impressive -  177.64 miles ran in 26:56:50 hours at an average training pace of 9:06.  I use a great app simply called Running Log to track my miles - love the iPhone!



Week five schedule was as follows:

Sunday: 12.46  - long run
Monday: rest
Tuesday: 9.22 hills
Wednesday: 10.86 easy
Thursday: 8.18 speed
Friday: rest
Saturday: 10.0 easy

My legs are holding up pretty good - I seem to have what I would consider normal aches and pains but I've avoided injury by taking it slow when necessary.  So far so good!

Later - Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment