Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Week Nine Training Update

I'm a little tardy in posting my week nine training update - I've been swamped between travel, training and work!  I am into heavy duty miles right now  - running 10-12 miles 4 times a week before work and a long run on Sundays.  Next week will be the heaviest miles I'll encounter in the training - 65 miles!

I'm pleased over all with my training - I've managed to avoid injury, increase speed and not miss one scheduled run in the first nine weeks of training.

We finally bought our plane tickets to Europe and we ended up getting a pretty sweet deal - the prices dropped by a couple hundred dollars for a few days and we snagged them.  We also decided to use frequent flier miles for one of the tickets so we are going for half of what we thought we would spend.  We are flying into Amsterdam and will take a train from their to Cologne.  We are starting to get excited about our trip.  I'm still working on getting my passport replaced - I may end up having to go through an expedited process.  I'm still waiting for my birth certificate to arrive - being burglarized sucks!

the great news is my parents are going to house set while we are in Europe so not only will we have someone stating at our place  - Toby will not have to be kenneled! Thanks Mom and Dad!

Week nine training schedule

Sunday: rest
Monday: rest
Tuesday: 10.29 miles easy
Wednesday: 10.08 miles hills
Thursday: 10.31 speed
Friday: 10.22 easy
Saturday: rest

As I write this  - I'm already half way through week ten  - looking forward to the taper beginning in a few short weeks!

Have a good one  -

Jim

1 comment:

  1. Europe is awesome - I've been there 3 times - iy's so much fun. The coffee houses (ummm,,,,,,mushroom houses) are cool ad Europeans are just plain open and helpful. In Amsterdam don't forget Red Light and be very careful - crime is a bit high!

    Cologne would be fun...I took the train from Berlin to Amsterdam whilst I was there....I upgraded to 1st class on the train - it's so worth it!

    ReplyDelete