Monday, June 7, 2010

Week Seven Training Update

last week was a hell of a busy week at work and to top it off my weekday miles increased!  I have been been working on a grant that was due this week and had to put in extra hours so I ran one of my 9 mile weekday runs in the evening after work, only to turn around and run 8 miles the next morning within 11 hours! It was tough!

I am a morning runner for the most part - I love getting up and getting my run done and out of the way so it's not hanging over my head all day. It's getting more challenging as the weekday miles approach double digits!

I've not stuck to my plan to do some cross training to work on my core - I'm going to start that at the conclusion of week 8 (the half way mark) to build some core and upper body strength. Now that the weather is sloooowly getting better I'll do more biking as cross training.

Sunday - 16 mile long run

Monday - rest

Tuesday - 9.08 speed work

Wednesday - 8.19 easy run

Thursday - 9.14 hills

Friday - 8.14 easy run

Saturday - rest

Thinking of working in some massage into the training - my legs have been quite fatigued and my lower back has been sore as well.

Have a good one -

Jim


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Think also about some yoga to get some stretching in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you deserve a massage, I got one after returning from Redding, and I didn't even run

    ReplyDelete