Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Project 365 - Mt. Rainier



Today was a beautiful day for a morning run. I ran 9 miles on my usual route along the waterfront in Seattle and down through Myrtle Edwards Park. If you are ever visiting Seattle and staying downtown just head to the waterfront and head north - you can't miss it.  It's a great run with a lot of interesting things to see and it's very popular in the morning, lunch and after work - great eye candy too! There is a nice paved trial most of the way. From my office it's 11.54 miles round trip if I run the entire route. Today was incredibly clear - as you can see from the picture, there is a beautiful view of Mt. Rainier from the trail on a clear day. This picture was taken north of downtown - although not in the photograph, the city is just to the left. It you find yourself in the Northwest - a day visit to Rainier is a must!

Have a good one -

Jim

1 comment:

  1. Oh yeah - I miss seeing mountains. Hiking is one of my favorite passtimes - I've been to Macchu Picchu three times and hiked twice - I miss that feeling of seeing massive mountains and the serenity it brings.

    ReplyDelete