Friday, August 22, 2008

Vacation Colds!

I started vacation today and I'm sick! I HATE getting sick, especially in the summer and while I'm on vacation! The last time I was on vacation was in February and we went to Hawaii with my parents. My Mom got everyone sick - Kent nicknamed her - "Typhoid Betty". LOL....still makes me laugh.



A week ago today I was in my office and just like that - 2:15 p.m. I felt it coming on. I am not sure who I should be blaming but I've got a few suspects in mind. Word of advice - STAY HOME WHEN YOU ARE SICK (flip side of the coin is, go to work when you've called in sick and your not!) I hate when the office marthyr comes in looking like death warmed over with a droopy used tissue in one hand and a box of Kleenex in the other. Touching everything, sniffing their nose - coughing all over the place seeking sympathy or attention by feigning and exaggerating their discomfort. I'm the one that's uncomfortable! I watch people like this - rarely do they practice proper universal cough etiquette protocol - which by the way is to cough or sneeze into your bent elbow, not your hands! Go home already - stay home - don't come in! Anyway I digress.

I took time off this week hoping to avoid being sick all week of vacation but this seems to be hanging on! Oh well - at least I am beginning to feel better.

We are off to our annual trip to Lake Chelan for a week eating, reading and swimming (future blog topic).

Have a good one,

Jim

2 comments:

  1. Go to GNC or Super Supplements and get "Wellness Formula". It is an incredible herbal formula that will wipe out a cold. Big pills, smell awful, taste worse, but they are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear it wasn't me that gave you the cold. But if you would listen to me and take Zicam at the first sign of a cold (like I do), you'd be feeling 100% better right now. And it doesn't smell or taste bad, as Miss Kim's remedy does.

    ReplyDelete