Thursday, July 15, 2010

Week Twelve Training Update

Although week eleven was a challenge due to the number of miles logged, week twelve was more challenging simply due to the weather. I was in DC for the entire week so I had five days of running to do at a time when DC was experiencing record breaking heat as high as 102! When I returned from running I was dripping wet with sweat! You could easily tell the local runners from the tourist runners by the amount of sweating occurring! I simply put in my miles this week - to dang hot to do any speed work. I did take advantage of running in a great city with many trail options. Each day I ran a new route and got to see 56 miles of DC that I would not have otherwise seen. Routes included the C&O Canal, the National Mall, Rock Creek Park Trail, the National Zoo and finally Arlington National Cemetery. Great city to run in! At least I know when I'm back in December that it won't be the heat I'm dealing with!

This weeks schedule included:

Sunday - 12.71 easy
Monday - rest
Tuesday - 12.05 easy
Wednesday - 16.05 long run
Thursday - 9.01 easy
Friday - 9.06 easy
Saturday - rest

Only four more weeks to Cologne! It's getting exciting - Kent and I picked up our team shirts last Saturday!

Happy trails!

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment