Friday, July 9, 2010

Project 365 - United States Capital





It's my final full day in DC and I must admit I am ready to be home! I fly out tomorrow and look forward to sleeping in my own bed and seeing Kent and Toby!

I went for a 9 mile run this morning and have only one more 9 mile run tomorrow morning before I head home. I love running in new areas and exploring cities by foot - but with the hot humid weather I must admit it's been a tough week of running and I am looking forward to training in cooler less humid conditions.

The picture of the day is a shot of the United States Capital Building - I figured I needed to have at least one photo of the day of the nations capital. Such a beautiful building and grounds.

The hotel we are staying in is what I've commonly heard referred to as "quaint". I've learned that "quaint" is another way of saying old. When a hotel advertises itself as "quaint" what they really should say is - we are old, our elevators are slow, there is one plug in the room and it's got the TV and lamp plugged into it, the air conditioning will never keep up with the heat, and finally, a pool - are you kidding!

I love hotels that are on the registry of historic places - don't get me wrong, but give me multiple plugs, high speed internet, and a pool and I am more than happy.




On another note - I learned that my Aunt Midge passed away today. I've posted in the past about her - she lived with my parents for the past 4-5 years and has lived with dementia for the past 10 or so years. Thankfully I was able to see her during the recent visit to celebrate my Mom's 70th birthday. Rest in peace Aunt Midge - I have wonderful childhood memories of you and will especially always remember your beautiful smile and contagious laugh!

Later -

Jim




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Aunt Midge had a wonderful service with lots of family and old friends. Her life was full and rich. may she dance on the stars!

    ReplyDelete