Friday, July 9, 2010

Project 365 - Headed Home

I am at the airport and heading home! It's been a long week and I am ready to get home and enjoy the weekend before going back to work on Monday. This picture was taken at the airport as I grabbed a bite to eat before catching my plane.




We had a great two days of meetings - very productive and valuable use of my time. I am very lucky to be connected to some of the brightest and progressive people in the county when it comes to addressing the needs of kids in the juvenile justice system. There were people at this meeting from Oregon, Texas, California, Massachuset, Colorado, Ohio, Kentucky, Washington, New York, South Dakota, North Carolina, Alaska and Oklahoma. We also had representatives from our Federal partners in DC. When I attend these meetings I am always reminded of how much more there is to do to help kids who have experienced behaviorial or mental health or substance abuse problems become productive members of socity and also how much we have accomplished.

I spoke to my Mom today and plans are underway for Aunt Midge's service. It will be as soon as Monday so I am not sure if I will make it or not. I'll probably make a decision once I get home.

I am on the plane and the good news is that I've been upgraded to first class the bad news is that we are very late departing due to bad weather in Detroit. I may end up unexpectedly spending the night in Michigan.

Keep you posted -

Jim


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment