Saturday, July 3, 2010

Project 365 - DC Bound





As Kent can attest, I think I was meant to fly first class! Mind you I don't want to pay for it but I sure like the extra room, service and attention! It used to be that upgrades happened more frequest but lately it seems as if upgrades have gone the way of good intrest rates on CD's! That is until this morning! On the way to the airport I made comment to Kent about the good old days when upgrades were more frequest and planes were not always full. Seems like the airlines have it down to a science in terms of maximizing every seat. Imagine the surprise of hearing my name and then being upgraded to first class - especially nice on a flight cross country!

The picture is Mt. Adams with Mt. Hood in the background. There was also a nice view this morning of St. Helens and Mt. Bachelor.

Really looking forward to our trip to DC. We've been there enough that we don't plan on cramming everything in but rather relax and hang out. There are enough local events going on right now to keep us pretty busy. There's the Folklife festival, fireworks, and a parade just to name a few. I also want to take in Mt. Vernon while we're here since I've never been and this past week it was featured on Top Chef. The other thing that I wanted to do was have a tour of the White House but who knew you had to reserve it so far in advance! I have a return trip planned in December so I contacted Senator Murry's office and secured tickets for a tour of the White House in December when it's decorated for Christmas!

I've been asking for warm weather and boy am I going to get it! It's going to be in the upper 90's, perhaps a bit to warm. We decided not to rent a car this trip and instread just use the metro and stay local. Our hotel is in Dupont Circle so we are centrally located.

We have between now and next Wednesday to enjoy ourselves and then Kent flies home and I'll stay on a few days for my meeting and then return home very late next Friday night. It's a long time to be away so I'm glad Kent can join me for part of the trip. I miss our boy Toby but he is in the good hands of Holiday Kennels who love having him. Have a good 4th weekend!

Jim



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures especially the one with the tip of MT hood in the background. First class fits you!
    Really enjoyed fireworks on PBS thanks for the tip. Have an excellent time.
    M&D2

    ReplyDelete