Monday, December 15, 2008

Winter Blast!

Depending on where you are reading this from, 27 degrees may not sound all that cold. That's the temperature as I write this post. It's supposed to get as low as 23 degrees which is very cold for around here. I hope that everyone brought in or protected any tender plants! I know my garage is full of plants that do fine as long as the temperature is 30 and above - getting into the 20's is a whole different story.

I really like the cold and snow - I also like that it usually only lasts for a short period of time. We may get more snow later in the week but by Christmas, things are supposed to be back to normal.

The nice thing about the cold weather is that is makes for some great pictures. I wanted to share a few that I took in the last few days.


This picture of our front porch was taken on Saturday night as we returned from Ocean Shores from my siblings annual holiday gathering. We had a lot of snow on the drive back but the roads were pretty clear.

This is a picture of our house on that same evening while it was still snowing!

The picture below is the next morning - it was a beautiful clear cold morning with a full moon. This shot was taken from our driveway looking west.

Finally another picture of the house the following morning. As you can see we did not get a ton of snow, just enough to make things look pretty!

I am hoping for more snow later in the week as predicted! If we get more snow, I'll post more pictures. Until then - stay warm and safe!

Later -

Jim

4 comments:

  1. Your blog loads really slow for me and maybe other readers. I can't see anything! You should check it with a speed test and make sure it's okay.

    --->Free Internet Speed Test<---

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, just like a Chistmas card! It's a chily 73 degrees here in Maui tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jim, Thanks for recommending my book The Well-Tended Perennial Garden on your site. Be sure to check out my new book 50 High Impact Low Care Plants available for pre-order now. Great for we gardeners that want it all gorgeous but easy plants. Good luck with that snow and send some to Ohio! Tracy DiSabato-Aust

    ReplyDelete
  4. ps forgot to give you my new website www.tracylive.com and twitter.com/tracylive

    ReplyDelete