Sunday, December 14, 2008

Where to begin......

Once you get behind on posting to the blog it's hard to get caught up! The challenge with the holiday season is that there is so much going that you get too busy to post and at the same time all the things you are doing are worth posting about!

I'm going to do what my friend Jennifer and I do when we are on the phone and we have a lot to talk about - the conversation goes something like this - (Simultaneously) "OMG! - where do we even begin - I've (we've) got so much to talk about"!
It's about that time that we stop and make a list of all the topics we need to cover in the conversation so we don't forget and then go back and cover everything! So here goes -

OMG! - there has been so much going on, I don't even know where to begin! I'll start with a list so I don't forget!

1. Annual Morning Holiday Party with Friends (and Shopping Extravaganza!)
2. Winter Blast and Snow Pictures
3. Annual Christmas Party with my Siblings
4. Holiday Concerts
5. Holiday Decorating
6. Movies
7. Update on Pus and a Smile Line
8. Holiday Vacation
9. State Budget
10. Furlough
11. My Walk Down the Pink Carpet

There's no way to post about all these things to day so I've decided that between now and Christmas, I will have to do a post a day!

I'll start at the top today but no telling in what order you'll hear about the above topics!

Friday was a big day! Planning for this actually began over a year ago. I'm not sure how this all started and exactly many years we have been doing this but it all started at my annual morning Christmas Party with friends. Each Christmas a group of us that at one point all worked together have a morning Christmas Party. We move around with Jennifer and Peggy hosting us the most often. This year it was at my house and we took the entire day off and then went shopping all day! We had a blast! Our friend Chris did not make it this year - she's still in "the club", but if she misses two years in a row.........

Peggy started a trend first thing in the morning! She is pictured below at Restoration Hardware all decked out for the holidays!

Not being one to be outdone, following Peggy's new trend, here I am. The store clerk did not seen to think we were as funny as we thought we were!
Okay - you decide, should Tracy buy a pair of these welder's goggles to wear while she is riding her Harley! I think she passed them up! Hilarious!


We found the biggest bean bag chair I've ever seen and convinced the sales clerk to take our picture!


We had lunch at the
Icon Grill - our waiter Micheal took this picture.

Tracy and I across the table at lunch!


Finally we ended the day on Capitol Hill at Under U 4 Men. We had a great time sipping champagne while perusing through the underwear! Needless to say there were a few purchases made here! The clerk had a great time with us in the store and offered to take our picture!


It was a full day - we started at my house about 7 a.m. and did not get back home until after 6 p.m. I am so lucky to have such great friends! It was a great day full of fun and laughter! I'm already looking forward to next year!

Later -

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment