Sunday, November 30, 2008

Seattle Marathon

I had a great time today running the Seattle Marathon.

The course started at the Seattle Center and then ran down 5th Ave right past my office. I've been meaning to share this picture of my office that I took a few weeks ago - what better time. No I am not one of those annoying people that carry a cameras with them as they run and stop right in front of you to take a picture!

From there we ran across I-90 to Mercer Island and then back to Seward Park. Kent took the following pictures as I ran.

From there we ran a long Lake Washington to Madison Park through the Arboretum and then back to the Seattle Center. I finished with a time of 4:05 which I am satisfied.

It was a great day for a run in Seattle - overcast and mild. This is a picture of the medal for today's race.

I made my goal of completing three marathons this year. I ran the Yakima Canyon Run, Lake Chelan Marathon and now Seattle. Next year my goal is to run 4 marathons. I am mapping out the one's I want to run now. I will run one international run and one out of state and two in Washington. The Seattle Marathon has been on my list of Marathon to run for years and for various reason I've never ran it until this year. I have to say for such a large marathon, it was very well organized and the support along the way was frequent and friendly! If you are looking for a marathon run and have not done Seattle I recommend it!

Kent and I went out for a bite to eat afterwards and then home where I finished putting up the Christmas lights and put the wreath on the car for the holidays.
Thanks for all the well wishes today - I appreciate it!

Later -

Jim

1 comment:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS JIM! KENT THE LIGHTS LOOK WONDERFUL, AS USUAL. CONNIE AND GILBERT WOULD LIKE TO COME UP AND VOLUNTEER FOR THE PLANT SALE ARE YOU INTERESTED?
    WHAT INTERNATIONAL MARATHON ARE YOU DOING? YOU LOOKED GREAT!

    ReplyDelete