Monday, November 24, 2008

Full, Full Weekend

I had a few pictures that I wanted to share from this past weekend. Kent and I always pack way too much into the limited time we have on the weekend and it always goes by way to fast. It never fails that each Sunday afternoon Kent says to me - "I wish it were Saturday". Time flies!

It's nearly 300 miles to drive from our house to Pullman. That's a long way to drive for a football game. We left on Friday night and drove to Wenatchee where we stayed with Kent's Mom where we went to dinner with she and her friend Harriet.(our third Mom)!


Kent's Mom Sylvia


Our third Mom Harriet.

We had to leave pretty early the next day to arrive in time of the game. This picture was taken with my iPhone of the sunrise. It was a nice drive.

I won't even go into the game as I've already covered that in earlier posts but here are a few pictures from the event. Despite the loss, we had a really good time. We left the game and drove home after a bite to eat in Ellensburg and arrived home around 10 pm.

Painted Husky boys before the game began!

Cool new Cougar statue at WSU

Cold Cougar boys before the game!

Martin Stadium.

Thanks for all the text messages from all my Cougar friends rubbing in the loss!

I had my final training run for the Seattle Marathon first thing Sunday morning. If you are around Seattle next Sunday and you want to come cheer me on I could always use the support! The run was a short 8 miles as I am in the great taper phase of training at this time!

Kent took the opportunity to put up the Christmas lights since it was such a nice day. We have a tradition of making sure the lights are up and ready to turn on from the day after Thanksgiving and then light things up until New Years Eve. Lights come down New Years Day.


Believe it or not here in the Pacific Northwest it's still not too late to plant fall bulbs! I've been known to plant through mid December. Bulbs are super cheep at this time of year most are on close out 50-75% off. I took the opportunity to plant several containers full of tulips that will be beautiful in the spring. Remember when it comes to fall bulbs - size does matter! And in the world of tulips, it's all measured in the circumference of the bulb. This is where the energy is stored for next year's bloom. The bigger the bulb (in circumference), the bigger the bloom. So, when you buy tulip bulbs you get what you pay for. If you want the biggest, best blooms, look for quality, name brand large bulbs.






We did bit more yard work and then headed out for a very late lunch and then to see the new animated movie BOLT.
Since we got a dog we are into any dog movie. We even went to see Beverly Hills Chihuahua. While I would not recommend Beverly Hill Chihuahua - I would definitely recommend BOLT.

Off to see the dentist today - had to make an emergency appointment due to a toothache.

Have a good one -

Jim

1 comment:

  1. As usual your adventures facinate me. Sylvia you look great. You can certainly see where Kent got his good looks from. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving day. I will continue to be Thankful for all the blessings in my life. The truest blessings of all are my seven children who grew up to be wonderful adults. That is not to take away anything from my incredible husband who has put up with my many moods for 31 years.
    He is another of my blessings as are my grandchildren, and great grandchildren,My sister, all of my all most kids and grandkids, wonderful friends, pets, goats cats , dogs,flowers trees sunrises and sunsets. What a wonderful world we live in! Happy Thanksgiving, Your blog is one of the highlights of my day. Love & prayers Mom

    ReplyDelete