Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

What better day to pick - "We are Family" as the retro song of the day!




Enjoy thic classic on Thanksgiving day!

(CHORUS:)
We are family
I got all my sisters with me
We are family
Get up ev'rybody and sing

Ev'ryone can see we're together
As we walk on by
(FLY!) and we fly just like birds of a feather
I won't tell no lie
(ALL!) all of the people around us they say
Can they be that close
Just let me state for the record
We're giving love in a family dose

(CHORUS x2)

Living life is fun and we've just begun
To get our share of the world's delights
(HIGH!) high hopes we have for the future
And our goal's in sight
(WE!) no we don't get depressed
Here's what we call our golden rule
Have faith in you and the things you do
You won't go wrong
This is our family Jewel

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays! I love getting together with family and friends, making a big meal, perusing through the paper looking for all the sales to hit the next day and reflecting on all the things we have to be thankful for over the past year. I hope whatever you do today, whoever you spend the holiday with, that you take the time remember the people and things in your life that you are thankful for.


Chances are if you are reading this blog post - you are one of the people I am thankful for and I wish you the very best! Happy Thanksgiving!

This year we are enjoying a meal with our friends Jennifer and Jay and their daughter Olivia. We decided to stay close to home since I have the marathon on Sunday. I'll post a few pictures later in the day.

Have a good one -

Jim

2 comments:

  1. Wow, just listened to the "newer" version of We Are Family in your player...is that even the same song? Wow, those guys are really angry.

    See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. April and I just sang a round of "We are Family" fun! I just emailed Jennifer asking her what they were doing and now I know:) We are off to the beach then to my friend Julie's for dinner. Have fun today and have a good marathon!

    ReplyDelete