Sunday, November 16, 2008

Happy 11th Anniversary to us!

Busy day between a 20 mile training run for the Seattle Marathon in 2 weeks and getting home late last night due to a 7:15 Husky football game (we lost of course). I am so done talking about Husky football. Thank God basketball has started!

Today is our 11th anniversary! We are headed out to a movie and then to dinner. We went on our first date at a restaurant in north Seattle called Judy Fu's Snappy Dragon. Best Chinese food in Seattle! We go back all the time - but each year on November 16th we always return for dinner at the place that it all began.

True storey (I'm sure Kent will bring it up tonight) - on our first "official" date at Judy Fu's about half way through dinner I looked at Kent and said - "This is not going very well, is it?" In typical Kent fashion without missing a beat he said - "Oh - really, I think it's going pretty well!" It was about then that I decided that I would go on a second date with this guy!

We tell this storey to the restaurant staff each year we go back. This year I am taking the camera and taking pictures of both the restaurant and our favorite people there - Dave (the owner) and Andrew our favorite waiter! Two really great people! If you have never been to The Snappy Dragon it's a must! Not only is the food terrific but the staff are wonderful!

I will be posting pictures of the march from yesterday. It was an incredible experience with over 6000 people marching in Seattle. My Mom participated in Redding, CA as did her friend Lynn who also has a gay son Tyler who lives in New York.

Long story but I did not have a sign to carry although I designed one. I'll tell more about that later but the picture below is the sign that I designed to carry.


Thanks for all the emails of support and the number of hits to the site - it's been incredible.

Off to the movies and dinner!

Later - Jim

5 comments:

  1. Okay, so I don't know where to begin! First of all, congrats on 11 years! You are beating all the odds - gay, straight, whatever. And secondly, are you telling me that the same people who worked at Judy Fu's 11 years ago still work there today? Wow, it must be a great place! And last (but not least), unless my monitor is going haywire, I think I see a big 'stache on Kent in your banner picture!!! He looks right out of CHIPS...IKM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh I just love you two! You leave me speechless sometimes. This is one of them! You are incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your bellies are as full as your hearts!

    ReplyDelete