Thursday, November 20, 2008

It's a Big Day! Belated Blog-a-Birthday's and Gift Ideas!

I've got so much to add that I don't' even know where to start! I've heard from blogger's that problem with having a blog is keeping it up and finding new things to post. I never seem to have that problem! In fact I am always behind and have several saved posts waiting!

First a little story - by now you all know that Kent and I have been together for 11 years. Well as with any relationship when you get together, each side brings it's own set of friends. When couples get together each brings a handful of very close friends. Some fall off and some become "our" friends......ladies and gentlemen - I give you our friends Vince and John!


There's a handful of people in your lives that you know you will always be connected with despite the frequency in which you see them. Vince and John are two of those people. We've got more stories of good times and adventures with these two than I can tell - parties, auctions, river rafting, Las Vegas, Walla Walla, Cher in one of her final farewell concerts, Lake Chelan........you get the point. Unfortunately as we have all gotten busier we have not seen as much of these guys! We miss them a lot and regardless of how long it's been since visiting we get together and it's like we have never been a part.

This week Vince and John both celebrated birthdays! Vince on Monday and John yesterday! Please join me in wishing them a happy, happy, blog-a-birthday! This Disc Ball - Cupcake Tower goes out to both Vince and John but is dedicated to DJ Disco Vinnie - Check it out!



I've been posting gift suggestions periodically on the blog and finally - just in time for the holiday season - it's time to visit Romanza Gifts! Vince and John opened this store several years ago and have since added a second store in Walla Walla. Anything you buy in this store will be treasured and their selection of local wines are fantastic! I'm not just biased because these guys are friends - they have GREAT taste and a good eye for "just the right gift"! Check out their website and find out how to visit their stores in person in Ballard or Walla Walla or shop online. Great site, great gifts!

I was recently sent an email about shopping locally for the holiday season (which is still waiting to be posted) by our friend Kendra and Vince was recently on the local news interviewed about the state of the economy and the impact on local business. Local and small businesses are a vital part of the economy and need your support this holiday season!

John sent me an email yesterday with two offers not to pass up on! Romanza Gifts will ship to anyone for only 5$ that mentions my blog (Ground Cover) when you order on-line at Romanzagifts.com. Take full advantage of this! Hint - if you are shopping for me this holiday season, this is the place to shop!

Not to just pass over Thanksgiving - Check these candles out available now at Romanza.



John sent a note telling me I would LOVE these candles - and he's right! This is a link that will take you right to Roasted Chestnut one of the most popular! A rich blend of golden caramel, rum and crushed chestnuts layered with cinnamon, vanilla, nutmeg and sheer musk.

You can not go wrong with a candle from their store!

Wow - I told you this was a big day! You can expect more gift ideas and postings as we get closer to the holidays!

Okay - late for work now!

Have a good one -

Jim

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Boys! Just visited your website - love your store. I can see the leaf candles in Jim's house! I'll be visiting the store!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Guys! Wonderful store, and Bed and Braekfast too!
    Jim I want you to know that even if you weren't my Son I would still covet your friendship!

    ReplyDelete