Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Wenatchee Weekend and More

I thought it was time for a general update on what we been up to – besides running! Last year Kent and I purchased season tickets to the Intiman Theatre in Seattle – we love the theatre and have seen some great plays at the Intiman….but the 2009 season was a big ol’ snooze fest as far we were concerned! Some of the plays were okay but not worth renewing our subscription. They are still hounding me for the 2010 season. Instead this year we have been taking in plays at the University of Washington School of drama. We’ve seen a couple now and last week we saw “Batboy the Musical”. I had no idea what to expect and left with what I had been hoping for – good ol’ campy fun! Definitely not for everyone but Kent and I enjoyed it!  It's already ended its run in Seattle but if you find it someplace and you are looking for some campy fun check it out!



Friday we headed over to Wenatchee for the Mother’s Day weekend. Kent grew up in Wenatchee and his Mom and sister and brother-in-law Tony still live there.  This is a picture of Kent's Mom and his sister Kay and brother-oin-law Tony.


Wenatchee is located in eastern Washington and is a beautiful place to visit – it sits along the Columbia River, big grassy hills all around and a lot of fruit orchards. This time of year the weather is typically much nicer over there than in Seattle which makes it an even nicer place to visit.  This is a picture of Toby looking out the window at Kent's Mom's.


The City has done a lot to make it a very livable area – bike/running trails, hiking, community events and the best part it never takes more than five minutes to get anywhere from anyplace! Don’t get me wrong – I love the city but there is a certain appeal to living in a small community.


Saturday evening we went to a local hockey game – the Wenatchee Wilds. It was a lot of fun – another example of how the area has come together to support a sense of community. The City built an arena for the team that hosts a variety of community events. From what I hear it did not come with out controversy.

One of my favorite things to do is get up early and hit all the local nurseries. While Kent was out for an 8 mile run I had opportunity to make the rounds and pick up a few new plants for the garden!



Sunday morning I had an 8 mile run scheduled but it was so beautiful out once I got started I ended up doing a 12 mile loop around the Columbia River. Like I said, there is a great network of local trails.


We ended our time having brunch at the Wenatchee County Club with Kent’s family and then headed out on our three hour drive home.

When we got home we headed out for a short bike ride and then drove around West Seattle just checking it out. We are checking out various neighborhoods trying to decide where we want to live next – another post for another time!

Later - Jim

1 comment:

  1. I get breathless just trying to read all that you two are up to. Sounds like you had a nice time. Sylvia looks great. I love live theater too. I used to go out to Shasta college. We also have a little theater group here I have seen a couple of times. Havea great rest of the week! Love M

    ReplyDelete