Thursday, May 13, 2010

In and Around the Yard

I've been out in the yard this evening after work and thought I'd share a few pictures.  I took these all with my iPhone so the quality is not all that great.   These are my tomato starts that I started from seed - eight different varieties  - tomorrow I'm taking the extra one's to work where in a matter of hours after sending out an email about having them they were all gone!  To my co-workers - Enjoy!
 

This is a picture of the peas I planted way back in early March - nothing like fresh peas from the garden.  You can also see the beets have begun to take off.  I never thought I'd be one to not only grow beets but actually love them!  I just discovered them last year after reading about roasted beets - delish!  Can't wait to harvest my own!


I've got a small pond that I put in several years ago that Kent still calls my "bug Pond"!  It's a little on the high maintenance side but I love it!  I love feeding all the fish.  You can't see it in this picture but there is a small stream feeding the main pond.  I finally got it deep enough to keep the raccoons at bay!


I've this area in the back yard we affectionately refer to as "the mound" - it's actually part of our septic system - (which could be a post all by itself)   - this is purple allium that I love!  The picture below the allium is a broader view of "the Mound".



This is part of the back patio area that has filled in nicely - it's another thing that Kent and I differ just a bit on - he thinks it looks messy - I say Northwesterly!


This is an area leading from the backyard to the seating area above - as you can tell I love hostas!  Easy to grow and always look great until the slugs take over!




I've got multiple water features in the yard - I love the sound and the birds and Toby love them!  The picture of Toby below is the only picture that I did not take tonight - this is last year on a hot day where Toby decided he would hang out in the stream to cool off! 



I hope you enjoyed these pictures as much as I enjoyed sharing them!  Have a good one!  Tomorrow is may final short three mile run before Sundays marathon  - wish me luck!

Jim

Sorry for the weird layout of this post - not sure what's going on and I've got to get to bed and don't have time to figure it out right now!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful pics! I love the pond!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great run Sunday...it looks like sun too :)
    You have a beautiful yard and garden-very Northwesterly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jim, your yard looks great! I think it's ready for a backyard BBQ...soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your yard is beautiful! Good luck tomorrow Love Mom

    ReplyDelete