Saturday, May 8, 2010

Week Three Training Update

Yesterday I completed the third week of my 16 week training program for the Gay Games Marathon in Cologne. It's been a week of fairly low mileage since I'm also in the taper for the Olympia Marathon that will occur a week from Sunday.

I've never ran in one marathon while training for another and I'm not sure it's the best idea I've ever had. Last November I completed the New York Marathon in a time of 3:46:23 and I hope to do better than that in Cologne. To accomplish this I really need to run nice and slow in Olympia. I plan on running about a 9 min. mile and complete in 4:10 min.

In addition to the training aspects I decided to run the Capitol City Marathon for a couple of reasons. I lived in Olympia for over 10 years and still have many friends in the area. I am also one who likes to run different marathons not wanting to do one more than once with so many options. I ran the half marathon on Olympia back in 2002. This will be the 7th marathon I will have completed.

This weeks training plan was as follows:

Sunday: 7.22 - long run
Monday: rest
Tuesday: 5.24 - easy
Wednesday: 5.11 - hills
Thursday: 7.16 - speed
Friday: 5.35 - easy
Saturday: rest

Week four - I'm ready.....bring it on!

Headed to Kent's home town of Wenatchee for the weekend to visit his Mom for Mother's Day.  I'll post a few pictures here and there via the iPhone over the weekend.  We will be heading to Northern California at the end of the month to celebrate my Moms 70th birthday!   Have a great weekend and Happy Mother's Day to all the Mom's out there!

Later -

Jim


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work Jim!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck this weekend! I wish you wings :)

    ReplyDelete