Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Mother-in-Law

Kent's Mom has been in town for the last several days and is heading home for Wenatchee today. For Christmas we purchased her tickets to the Seattle Symphony so we went to a concert last night at Benaroya Hall. There was a lot of blue hair there! Here's a picture of Kent and his Mom in Taper Auditorium - same place Kent's MBA graduation ceremony took place from the University of Washington.


Before the concert we tried a new restraunt - Purple Cafe and Wine Bar. Excellent! Give it a try sometime! This is a picture of the bar - great selection of wine and every menu item offers a suggested wine pairing! Their appitizer list is extensive as is their cheese list.



Last but least I'm quickly taking you back to Sunday evening and sharing a picture of the Alder-Planked Salmon in an Asian Style Marinade that I made for dinner. It was very easy and pretty good - I did have a few mishaps such as the alder plank catching fire and the fact that the first time I took it off the grill that it was not quite done! Final product was very good and looked great on the serving platter! The recipe is from Cooking Light - give it a try!




Headed to a Seattle Storm game tonight. I've never been and one of the ladies I work with had a couple of extra tickets and let us have them. Looking forward to seeing the Storm play and hanging out with all the lesbians!

Later -

Jim

P.S. - I'm blogging on the run so I'll put some links including one for the salmon recipie a little later.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. Did you say cheese list? I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT PICTURE OF KENT AND SYLVIA! HE IS HANDSOME AS USUAL AND SYLVIA IS AS ELEGANT LOOKING AS THEY COME. SHE PHOTOGRAPHS VERY WELL! LOVE MOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog. Count on me as a regular reader. My name is Steve, and I started my own blog a few months ago. I call it MY BIG ITCH. The link is www.mybigitch.blogspot.com. You see, I'm a gay man living in NYC, and recently decided to come out to some, not all. I fell in love last fall with a guy and am still with him but its a rocky road. He is the love of my life but it aint easy! My blog helps me vent since I haven't got many gay friends. Please, PLEASE stop by, add yourself as a FOLLOWER (as I did for your blog) and check me out). I love to read your comments and be blog friends. Steve

    ReplyDelete