Thursday, May 27, 2010

My First Season of American Idol

I've mentioned before that this was the first season of American Idol that I've ever watched -I was a late Idol bloomer!  I've been sometimes frustrated with how long they drag the show out and last night when Paula Abdul was on and the whole goodbye to Simon - not only was it awkward it was corny!

Having said the - I enjoyed the contestants and had Lee and Crystal pegged very early on and an ultimately happy that Lee came out on top!  I love that fact that an average person took a chance and followed a dream and had the talent to get his break.  I'm gay enough  - I mean man enough to admit I teared up a few times during the season!  One of my favorite moments this season was the duet that Lee and Crystal did a few weeks ago.


I hope they both go on and have great carers!

Since this was my first season watching I missed Adam Lambert singing Mad World last season.  They mentioned it last night and it's one of my favorite songs so I went and looked it up.


 It's from the movie Donnie Darko - a guilty Jake Gyllenhaal pleasure of mine.  Check it out!


My friend Jennifer has me convinced that i need to try  - So You Think You Can Dance - what do you think?

Later -

Jim

2 comments:

  1. Hi - last season I was so into Idol especially with Adam Lambert. Yes - his version of Mad World was so good - it's one of my favourite songs of all time....and of courseDonnie Darko - perfect song for that movie.

    This year I was off the Idol scene - but I hope they both do well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dance is cool..depends on the guest stars if you know what I mean! :-)

    ReplyDelete