Saturday, May 2, 2009

Out and about in Louisiana

Started the day at the local Farmers Market having fresh LA strawberries and then headed out and about for the day. Spent a lot of the day seeing sights along the St. Charles street car line. Sites included Audubon Park, Tulane University, Lafayette cemetery, and all the Garden Dist. Mansions. Then we took a drive to the Chalmette Battlefield and the 9th Ward - one of the most deviated neighborhoods in New Orleans following Katrina and Rita. It's amazing to see for a second time the damage that was done. They have made a lot of process since my last visit three years ago - there remains much work to go. We ended the day with a drive across the 24 mile bridge over Lake Pontchartrain. There are several small towns on the north shore of the lake that we visited, my favorite was Abita Springs - great local beer!

Headed back to New Orleans on the prowl for a great burger. When I get home I plan to add a post with my favorite places that I've eaten since getting to Louisiana. The food has been excellent!



Ending with one of my famous self portriats! Check out the hat I bought at Jazz Fest.!

Later - Jim

Post on the run from my iPhone.

No comments:

Post a Comment