Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!


Happy Mother's Day Mom! I hope you have a wonderful day filled with all the things you love the most. Kent and I are looking forward to our upcoming visit when we can celebrate Mother's Day and your birthday with you in person. It's hard to believe that last year we celebrated Mothers day with you in Hawaii. This year we are in Wenatchee celebrating the day with Kent's Mom. Happy Mothers day to both you and Sylvia! I wanted to share a few words of how I feel on this Mother's Day.


I think of you often........


There was a time in my life that I used to think that people didn't need their Moms so much after they grew up and that the work of a mother was complete when one turned 18 as we ventured out in the world. Of course I quickly realized that it is not true. So often, when I'm making a decision, I wish you were here so I could ask your advice. And so many times,when something happens or I see something that I know you would enjoy, I wish you were here to share it with me. This is especially true when traveling - there is so much of the world that I want you to see and experience. It's also true when I working in the yard and I find something beautiful - I always know who would appreciate it as much as I. The older I get the more I realize how special our relationship is and although I don't' always share it - I am so lucky and grateful that you are my Mom! You have an incredible life story to tell and I am glad to be a small part of it. And while I'm thankful for the relationship we share, somehow today it makes me miss you more......Mom, I love you very much. Have a great Mother's Day!

Wishing you all the best - Love

Jim and Kent



2 comments:

  1. Jim what a great post of Mothers day, I know just what you mean, and am touched to see it in word.
    I love you brother, Midge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I hope you know I am still crying! I have been so very blessed to have the privledge of being the mom of seven incredible people. and the Grandmother of wonderful Grandchildren.
    You have given me so much. Not just monentarily, The trips,Gifts,hotels,airfare, and more which has been extremely generous,but you have given of your time, your self, you have shared with me in joy and pain always I know you are there. To say thank you is not adequate, so I will just say I love you and as Kent knows "You are the apple of my eye. Much Love and many prayers Mom

    ReplyDelete