Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Memorial Day - Headed North on I-5

Welcome to Happy Valley! This is the sign that greets you as you near my parents home. We could all be so lucky to live in a "happy" anyplace! I like to imagine there is a tag line that says "Where everyone lives happily ever after!" Truth be told Happy Valley is not located in a valley. It's more like a plateau. I guess "Happy Plateau" just did not sound right!



It's early Monday morning as I write this post and we have already traveled over half way on our 583 mile drive home. We got up early so could get an early start which will get us home in the early afternoon. We had a great visit - it always goes by too fast. I thought I would share a few pictures that I took yesterday.

We took a drive to the town of McCloud and ended up in Mt. Shasta for lunch. Lynn and Mike (friends of my parents) joined us in McCloud and for lunch.



This picture was taken in McCloud. There is a dinner train that travels the foothills of Mt. Shasta. It's on our list of things to do one of these days when we are down here.


Mom at lower McCloud Falls. It was a beautiful place - Mom preformed a wedding here several years ago.


Aunt Midge is pictured below enjoying the opportunity to get out of the house. It's always great to see my Aunt. She lives with my parents now, she has advanced Alzheimer's. I have such fond memories of Aunt Midge and to be honest, it's hard to see her as she is now. I am glad she has my Mom. We should all be so lucky.


View of Lake Shasta on our drive back to Mom and Dad's. Houseboats are popular on the lake. Another thing on our list of things to do!


Toby had a great time and surprisingly got along great with all my parents dogs. He had a couple of incidents with the goats that I would just assume forget! He's pretty tired as we drive home.


Mom and Dad - Thanks for a great visit, great meals, and use of the pool and our accommodations. We love you and always have relaxing time at your place. Looking forward to seeing you later this year at William and Sarah's wedding.

Have a good one-

Jim

2 comments:

  1. Having you here was a great birthday present, along with the many things you managed to slip in. We loved having you and I want you to know how much I appreciated your gentle ways with your Aunt Midge. Sometimes in the day to day care I may not remember to be as focused on her well being and feeling, therefore missing the chance of being sensitive to her during moments of frustration. Your kindness and insight was a reminder. Thanks MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great visit - what a beautiful place! Love the picture of Toby - looks like he had a very full visit!

    ReplyDelete