Friday, May 22, 2009

Border Crossing

I've been to every state and at some point you would think I would grow tired of taking pictures of the state signs - I never do. The conversation is always the same - "The state line is coming up, I want to get a picture." Kent - "This is not a safe place to pull over and you have taken that picture a thousand times." Then we stop and I get another picture.



It used to be that we would get out and get our picture with the sign, now I'm satisfied just getting a picture of the sign. I've got a photo album at home with Kent and I at all the state signs. That was a long introduction to say - we made it to California!

Just south of the border is a scenic view of Mt. Shasta. Much safer place to pull over for a picture! Kent and Toby pose patiently while I capture them with Shasta in the background.



Here I pose looking butch standing in front of our truck!



We took a little detour and got this great shot of Mt. Shasta. It's a beautiful day out, it's not even noon and it's already in the mid 80's! Glad my parents have a pool!



Just a short distance from my parents house from here should arrive just after noon.

Later -

Jim
Post on the run from my iPhone.

3 comments:

  1. I think the truck shot would be a bit more "butch" if you didn't have your hand on your hip...LOL. Have fun and tell your parents I said, "hello."

    ReplyDelete
  2. The truck doesn't even look butch! LOL but thanks for the laugh :-) Enjoy your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I didn't mean to be anonymous.

    ReplyDelete