Saturday, October 4, 2008

Huskies 0-5 after rout by Arizona, 48-14

After a 48-14 rout to Arizona, in which the Huskies looked tired and out skilled from the beginning of the game, I have to wonder how much longer Willingham has as head coach. If it were up to me he would be fired mid season. I know, I know, there are a hundred reasons not to fire him mid season but there are just as many reasons to get it over with.


It's not likely to happen as the new athletic director at the UW has stated:
"I just don't believe in mid season changes," The Huskies own the nation's longest losing streak at seven. They are 0-5 on the season and stand alone with North Texas as the lone Football Bowl Subdivision teams without a win.

But that isn't even the most embarrassing part - the most humiliating factor of Saturday night's debacle in the desert was the overall superiority of Arizona -- a team considered as down-and-out two seasons ago as Washington was then. They have gotten better and we have floundered.

Another bye next week -

Later -

Jim

1 comment:

  1. One of my neighbors told me his boss (who he says is "in the know") said that Paint Dry Ty will be gone by Monday. We shall see.

    ReplyDelete