Sunday, October 12, 2008

Dawg Dash 10K

Kent and I started our Sunday off yesterday morning running in the Dawg Dash 10K! It's a lot of fun. The course starts in Husky stadium and then meanders through the campus. What a beautiful day for a run!


I signed up to run in the Seattle Marathon that happens the Sunday following Thanksgiving and began training for it two weeks ago. This morning I had a 12 mile training run to do so I went for a 6 mile run and timed it such that I ended the run at the start time of the Dawg Dash and then ran for another 6 miles to get my 12 miles in.

I am looking forward to the Seattle Marathon - hoping to do better than Lake Chelan. I'll keep you posted.

Have a great work week. P.S the retro song of the day from yesterday goes out to my friend Hollie who live on Maui - thanks for the suggestion! Doing aerobics to Mickey to in the early 80's was all the rage!

Later -

Jim

2 comments: