Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Parade Queen

I bet that's not a term you've heard many times. I've confessed to many things before on my blog (some would say too much).....get ready - I'm a parade queen.  There I said it!  It feels great to just put it out there - not one to stay in the closet about anything!

As you might have guessed - a parade queen is simply one who likes to go to parades.

There are three parades that I rarely miss in Washington State each year.



The picture above is one I took several years ago at The Fremont Summer Solstice Parade.  It's one of the best in the Northwest.  This years parade is on June 19th - mark your calendar now.  Since my blog is PG for the most part, I'll let you check out the nude bicyclists yourself!

The Pride Parade is another one that is right there at the top of my list.  This years parade is on June 27th.  If you have never been to Pride in Seattle and want to go let me know and you can hang out with Kent and I!  We always go down early and place our chairs for a front row seat.

This is one of my favorite pictures from last years parade!  Got to love the Dyke's on Bikes!


But I've got one that you've probably not heard of unless you are from Olympia - The Procession of the Species Parade! It's always held on the weekend following Earth Day.  Kent and I went down last weekend and had a great time as usual.  I thought I'd share a few of my favorite pictures taken last week.  Definitely check out the Procession parade sometime. 












Below is the full album if your interested.  Have a good one and go to a parade!


Later -

Jim

1 comment:

  1. i looked at all your pics and am putting this on my calendar for next year, I want to join you.

    ReplyDelete