Thursday, April 29, 2010

Houston Bound

It's common that  Kent and I will hop a plane and get away for the weekend at the last minute.  It's a lot of fun but depending on the timing it can play havoc on my training schedule!  We decided to take a weekend trip to Houston since Kent is already there on business.  I'm leaving late on Thursday and will be in the Houston area for the weekend.  We spent time in Austin last year and had a great time - I think Austin is going to be hard to beat! 

Any Texans out there who have any ideas of must "do's" while there?  I've already mapped out a 20 mile run that I'll do on Friday - looks like a great trail.  Normally I'd have this 20 mile run on Sunday but I'll be flying home on Sunday and Kent will still be working on Friday morning so it works out well to move my Sunday long run to Friday.  It will make for a lot of miles this week however - close to 60!  May be a record for me.  I'll post a summary of week two training on Sunday.

We've got a fairly big territory so we may stay in Houston but have also talked about Corpus Christi or the Galveston area.  It's always fun heading out to a general area not knowing exactly where you will end up.  I'll keep you posted and post a few pictures now and then.

Thanks for all the comments - Cindy it's been fun hearing from you and following your blog.  I see I also picked up a couple of new followers.  Welcome - I could not tell from your profile if you have a blog so if you do let me know so I can check it out!  If your a regular visitor to my blog - why not become a follower too?

Have a good one -

Jim

2 comments:

  1. wow! as soon as i found your blog & suggested you come to tx, here you come. not much of a fan of houston. galveston & corpus, both kool, but austin is our jewel as far as cities go. if you get there it'll probably tell you where to go. as for a great place to eat & hear good music, may i suggest mesa ranch at 8108 mesa dr. ask for a server named mystery.
    welcome to texas!
    your newest fan, rena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great trip!! Always fun to explore somewhere new via running.

    ReplyDelete