Monday, August 2, 2010

ICE to Berlin

I've been to Germany on a couple of different occasions before but I've never made it as far northeast as Berlin. This morning we are headed by ICE train to Berlin for the next three days.


It's just over 360 miles between Cologne and Berlin - about a 4 hour journey by train. We are loving having a rail pass. We have used it a lot and will definitly get our monies worth out of it. We quickly learned which trains are the fastest, how and when we needed to reserve a seat and how to read the schedule. I am amazed at how efficient the rail system is and the volume of people it moves from point A to point B daily.



There is much to see and do in and around Berlin - I'm glad we made the decision to carve out the time to check it out. There is a walking tour through red Berlin that highlights some of the key sites of Cold War history and an open air bus tour we definity will take in.

As you can see from the picture above we arrived in Berlin. It's amazing! The train station is the largest in Europe.

Photos to follow!

Jim


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Wow this is so cool. I have read much about Berlin in my life but your reports makes me want to see, touch, taste , and feel it.I acn't wait to hear more about it the pictures tell a story along with your descriptions. M&D

    ReplyDelete