Friday, October 14, 2011

Final Day in DC

It's my final day here in DC following a very successful conference on Recovery Oriented Systems of care. Yesterday I went to three really good sessions including one on helping individuals with employment skills, emerging recovery technologies, and finally digital and web resources available to help individuals with recovery support. Today's sessions include linkage to primary care and health information technology.




I was able to get on an earlier flight so as opposed to getting home after midnight I'll actually get home just after 6 p.m!









I intended on taking the metro to the airport and was helping a lady I met while getting my luggage make her way via the metro to the airport but there was some kind of fire that closed the system so we hooked up with another person all headed for National and grabbed a cab.

Here are a few pictures from the hotel. Including a view from my room and lobby pic. I'll be back later in the month for another grantee meeting!












I went for a 5.7 mile run this morning from the hotel to the White House. Nice run with no rain finally! Last night we had a lot of rain with thunder and lighting and tornado warnings so it was nice to see it had passed by morning.














Finally, a few pictures from the flight between DC and Atlanta. Fall colors were very pretty!










Next stop Seattle!

Jim

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment