Wednesday, October 12, 2011

DC Bound

What the hell was I thinking when I decided it would be okay to book an overnight flight to DC and go from the airport directly to my meeting? It's going to be a very long day!

My work schedule feels slightly out of control at the moment. Between proposed budget reductions that would eliminate funding for much of my programs, implementing a new grant and work related travel I'm stretched to say the least!

To make matters worse, I pile on as much as I possibly can in my personal life to keep every moment filled! Add a new puppy to the mix and you begin to get a sense of the chaos.

Having said that - all is well. Kent is great about helping out when things get too out of control. Harry the new pup is settling in - albeit with potty challenges! He starts obedience class tomorrow which should really help! He's a great dog and in the long run it will all work out but to be honest adding a third dog and a puppy to boot is stressful!

It's hard to believe that it's already October! It's going to be crazy busy between now and the end of the year. I've got two more work related trips this year. One more to DC later this month into early November and another to Kansas City in mid November. Kent and I are also heading to the bay area for a football game in a few weeks and Oregon next month. In addition in December we are headed to New York to take in a few plays and watch the Huskies play basketball in Madison Square Garden. Yes - we bring a lot of this upon ourselves!

I'll be in DC until Friday. I leave late in day and arrive home early Saturday morning. Should be an interesting day - we have a football game at 12:30 a party in Olympia and a movie in Seattle.

On the metro in DC now. Headed to my meeting.

Have a good one.

Jim


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment