Sunday, June 21, 2009

Olympia Gay Pride Parade

It's a parade weekend yesterday the Fremont Summer Solstice in Seattle.



And today the Capitol City Pride Parade in Olympia!



It's a great parade that has grown a lot over the years but still maintains a small town feel. When I lived in Olympia I marched in the very first one that was held.



This is the Rainbow City Band from Seattle. They are a great band and add a lot to the parade. They were in yesterdays parade, today's and next week we'll see them in the Seattle Gay Pride Parade. If you want to join us for the Seattle Parade next week let me know we would love to have you join us!

If you follow this blog even a little bit you know that I love Farmers Markets - the Olympia Market is one of the VERY best! Any time I'm in town and the market is open I make a point of going. I recommend that you check it out! Olympia is a great day trip from Seattle - take advantage!



Have a great Sunday - I you still can, call your Dad!

Jim

Posted on the run from my iPhone.

1 comment:

  1. Olympia Farmer's Market is my favorite one too. I shave a nice Vine Maple growing in my yard that I bought there, as a seedling. The Parade looks like fun. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete