Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The state of the Economey

I wish I did not have to work and could spend all my time blogging! There are so many interesting things going on that I would love to have time to write about.

I am excited that Bush only has 5 days 14 hours and 35 minutes left in office. Do you know how long I have been waiting for this day and watching the countdown! I can't wait.

I am worried about so many things - number one is the state of the economy. Every time I open my retirement accounts I get all worked up and begin to calculate how many more years I am going to have to work - I've got a lifestyle to maintain after all!

My own job is somewhat at risk due to budget cuts. I've been consumed in the last couple of weeks by huge budget cuts from the state. I've got programs that will likely close and the loss of jobs and notices I've had to give to my contractors is already surpassed 12 FTE in the last week. It's not a fun place to be in. Not to mention the impact that these cuts will have on those less fortunate than myself.

I know that if I am worrying, other people I know must be concerned as well. I know several people personally that have already been laid off.

Enough doom and gloom. The Legislative session has begun in Washington State and all we can do is work the process and hope for the best.

Have a good one -

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment