Saturday, March 19, 2011

Day in Columbia NC

Following our morning run in Charlotte we had lunch at Big Daddies Burger Bar and then headed south Columbia the state Capitol of South Carolina.














We made the most of our time in town including a visit to the campus of the University of South Carolina - home of the Gamecocks!


Yes - I picked up a couple of new shirts!



My friend Jennifer's brother and sister-in-law live in Columbia so it was fun texting back and forth during our visit! The campus of USC was beautiful - dogwood trees and azaleas in full bloom all over he place.
























We found out their was a baseball game and that the USC baseball team was the 2010 National Champions so we decided to take in the game. It was a beautiful day for baseball.













In case you were wondering - this is a gamecock!

Finished the day with dinner at the Motor Supply Company Bistro.


I had the seared duck which was delicious!



Tomorrow I have a long 18 mile run so I'm going to a park in downtown Charlotte and them the big game at 12:15!

Later - Jim

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment