Thursday, March 24, 2011

Boston - Less Than Four Weeks!

It's hard to believe that in less than four weeks I'll be able to check the Boston Marathon off my list! Training has been tough due to weather, running in the dark so much of the time and getting sick for a couple weeks mid training.

I've decided I am going to go and have fun and not worry about my time. The goal was to qualify! I'll be happy with anything under 4 hours.

I received my bib number the other day and my staring time. They start the run in three waves. I'm in wave two and will start running on 4/18 at 10:20 am EST. You can go online and track my time if you like as I run. My bib number is 10197.

Thought I'd share a few pictures from my run yesterday. Although I started out in the dark - I ran 11 miles so by the time I was done the sun had come up and it was a beautiful morning for a run along the Seattle waterfront.









Love the Olympic Mountains all covered with snow and there is nothing more beautiful than seeing Mt. Rainier after fresh snow on a crisp clear morning.

Have a good one!

Jim

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures and looks like a wonderful day. We have had one storm after the other. Gosh Boston is right around the corner. Your dedication to your training is admirable! Have a good day YGAWOY M&D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics! I miss Seattle. Was visiting there regularly for a year and a half but haven't been in nearly a year now. Good luck in Boston! Enjoy your taper. :)

    ReplyDelete