Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Election 2010

I'm afraid for a liberal democrat that tonights election results are not going to bring the celebrations of two years ago. In some ways it points to the fact that the democrats have not spent the last two years campaigning but rather have spent their political capital to actually get some important pieces of legislation passed. Personally I have no problem continuing to remind people where the current political climate began - thank you Bush! In the state of Washington there is a close Senate race between Patty Murray and Dino Rossi. Come on western WA - lets do our part to see that Patty is reelected!

There are also several tax initiatives on the ballot in WA also and in this anti tax environment I'm sure the poor and venerable will be thrown under the bus, the rich will not have to pay their share of taxes and kids in our state will have even more access to alcohol. It's frustrating to be on the east coast because I will either have to stay up extremely late or wait until tomorrow to learn what's happened at home.

In addition to WA state elections I'm interested in the CA governors race, Senate races in Florida, Delaware, California, Kentucky and Alaska.

I just finished dinner and will be heading back to my room to watch the election returns. I'll also be posting a few pictures in a bit from my run this evening - it was great!

Later,

Jim







- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment