Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday

Out with Kent and my Mom for some early holiday shopping. The only problem coming to my parents for Thanksgiving is the limited shopping - at least there is a small Macy's!

We had a nice Thanksgiving yesterday - Mom had eight of us all together for dinner and made a fantastic meal. We were a little nervous because although my Mom has always been a great cook she's been known to sneak in some weird or foreign food item into our meal without our knowledge - me to my Mom having just finished eating a sandwich she made "Mom that sandwich was delicious", "oh beef tongue cooked just right makes the best sandwiches!"

I'm not kidding. I can't tell you the number of times I've been surprised - me to a friend with my Mother in earshot, "Oh really, I've never had venison", Mom from the other room - "oh yes you have honey".

The best story however was the time Mom decided to make a goose for Christmas dinner. Truth be told I don't remember the meal being anything but good but it might be because the meal itself is overshadowed by the memory of Mom jumping up mid meal exclaiming - "this is the worst calamity of my culinary career!" Hilarious! Love you Mom - your the best!










Here's a couple of pictures of Kent and I with Mom. We are heading to Berkeley tomorrow to see the Huskies play Cal. Go Dawgs!

Jim

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment