Monday, July 6, 2009

Running on the Road

One of the things I love about running is that you can do it any where you go and all you need is a pair of shoes and some running shorts. I've been lucky enough to run in a lot of cool places and see some interesting things. The picture below is the view this morning as I headed out for my run.



There is no better way to scope out a new city than to put on a pair of running shoes and hit the streets. Running in Alaska I came upon several moose and in Hawaii while running out towards Diamond Head I spotted whales in the distance. Today was another one of those memorable runs that stand out from the day to day routine training runs.




I got up and started out to run about six miles. Since our camp site was about five miles into Theodore Roosevelt National Park it was an easy decision to run throughout the park. I did not run into one car the entire time! It was beautiful! I saw 15 deer which was cool but it was the buffalo - yea buffalo, that was especially cool! Reminded me of the moose in Alaska and whales in Hawaii. Male buffalo as you might guess are huge - I was a bit worried about how close to get but luckily by the time I got there it had moved off the road and I could easily pass. Got to love the iPhone. Not only can I Facebook and blog on the road, I can take pictures while out for a run!





Headed to Lewis and Clark Interpretive Center and Fort Mandan and then off to Bismark.

Have a good one -

Jim


-- Posted on the run from my iPhone.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I have never seen a buffalo live and in person. I would be a bit scared, too. But then I guess it's great motivation to run faster!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutly enchanting! I saw buffalo in Yellowstone, but not that up close and personal. I agree with Jennifer it would be a good incentive to speed up. Or perhaps just sit and watch it. I am enjoying your journey, and Dad is to. Love & prayers Mom and Dad too

    ReplyDelete