Friday, July 3, 2009

Missoula Montana

We made it as far east as Missoula, Montana today before deciding to call it a day. It's been years but we spent time here once before and really like the feel of the town. Kind of a mix of Olympia and Wenatchee.



We are camping at a KOA campground that has obviously been here for awhile and the town has grown up around it. Oddly enough there is a Costco a couple of blocks away! Oh well it's a nice grassy campground and saved us about $80 since we were able to cancel our backup hotel reservation. We lost an hour of time today heading east so although it's 10:30 as I write this (way past my bedtime) we are wide awake!



The picture above was taken at the old train depot downtown. Notice the sign - Please Stay Off. Kent reluctantly took the picture!



This is a picture of the football stadium at the University of Montana - home of the Grizzles. We always visit the campus of any local college or university when we travel - during the summer when school is out of session they are like great big parks with no one around.



You know you are in Montana when you are a few blocks from the university and there are deer wondering around the town.

Tomorrow we are not sure how long we will hang out before heading out. We know we want to bike on the local river trail and go to the Farmers Market. After that who knows where we will end up. We have no final destination in mind for tomorrow night.

Have good one -

Jim

Posted on the run from my iPhone.

2 comments:

  1. I am going to go to Missoula Montana one day. I had a friend who lived there and was always inviting me to visit. I didn't and have lost track of her. I loved your pictures and it renewed my interest. Perhaps I will go and take a class at the community college some day. I will be looking forward to your other postings as you go. Don't forget to feature our Grandpup often. Love Mom and Dad too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I was the official 013000
    hit on your great blog!
    I feel like I hit the lottery, I was expecting balloons, bells and whistles, but I guess the noteriety
    will have to do.

    ReplyDelete