Friday, July 3, 2009

July Road Trip

Happy 4th of July weekend! Kent and I just left Wenatchee after spending the night with Kent's Mom Sylvia. We have packed the truck with all the comforts of home, packed Toby's travel bag and hit the road. We will be on the road for the next seven days.

We love road trips and now that we have a dog it's a nice way to still travel and not have to kennel him. He travels well.



We have a general idea of where we are headed but basically we will meander around hitting a few highlights along the way and stop when we feel like it. We have our bikes and will do some biking on rail trails along the way. We also have our camping gear so some nights we will camp until we feel the need to sleep in a real bed!

Our last long road trip of this nature involved flying to Florida and renting a car and driving cross county. Although we are not driving cross county we expect to cover 3500 - 4000 miles. Stay tuned and I'll keep you posted on our adventure and where we end up.

Right now we are headed east on I-90 through the crop land of eastern Washington. It's a beautiful part of the state and quite a contrast to the western part of Washington.

Later -

Jim


-- Posted on the run from my iPhone.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds fun, I on the other hand are at work earning a little extra for Wedding flowers for William & Sarahs big day. How does Toby do with fireworks? I have to sedate Greta. Safe fun travels to you all

    ReplyDelete
  2. A quiet 4th of July wil suit me fine. Drive safe and know you are in my daily prayers when you are on a trip maybe thrice my daily prayers. Have a great time. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete