Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Mt. Rainier Hike

A couple of years ago Kent and I discovered a beautiful hike up on Mt. Rainier to Berkeley Park. The wildflowers were in incredible. We decided to return and hike a few miles further into the park to Grand Park.


Once again we were not disappointed! Granted - there are a lot of hikes that I've not taken in Washington State but I have to believe that it would be difficult to beat the hike to Berkeley Park for the wildflowers. Our total hike was about 12 miles but that's because we chose to go all the way to Grand Park.

The exciting thing this time was the sighting of three bears! I've been to Mt. Rainier many times and this is the very first time I've seen a bear let alone three! Pretty cool.



Here are a few more pictures from our hike. I'd highly recommend it!















It's hard to tell from this final picture bit there is a near in the lower right and upper left corners. I did not have my camera with me so all these pictures were taken with my iPhone.

Later - Jim

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. It is totally beautiful, even the Bear. Washington is really the most beautiful State I have ever visited. Thank you for sharing. Mom

    ReplyDelete