Saturday, February 4, 2012

Snowshoeing, basketball and a movie

It's a beautiful sunny day here in Seattle today - nearly 60 degrees in February! What a treat especially after the snow and ice of a few weeks ago.
We took the opportunity to pack the day full from the second we got up until it was time to hit the sack. We bought snowshoes last year and until today we have not taken them out.




We went up to Snoqualmie Pass to the Iron Horse Trail and took a 6 mile trek through the snow.




We were exhausted by the time we were done. The snow was deep but fairly solid - now we not only have skiing as a winter sport we can head out snowshoeing as well!












Teriyaki for dinner, then took in the new Daniel Radcliffe movie - The Woman in Black which we both found a bit slow.




Nice to see Daniel Radcliffe all grown up. Ever since we saw him in New York in How to Succeed in Business without Really Trying we have become even greater fans.
The Huskies play USC in a late game that does not start until 8pm so we are headed there now. We have seen some great basketball games in the past few weeks! Looking forward to the PAC - 12 tournament.




I signed up for the Chicago Marathon this week as well. I'm excited to make it my travel destination marathon for the year!




I have a lot of time to prepare - its not until October. I found out that my nephew Adam's wife Sam will be running as well! Hoping to run at least one or two closer to home before then. 1/2 marathons for sure. I've been doing pretty good at getting a few pounds off which will definitely help with getting a better time.
Finally tomorrow is my parents anniversary - here is my anniversary wish for them!




Live long and live life to its fullest - love hard and allow yourself to be loved right back and laugh often and as much as you can! I hope you have a wonderful anniversary and know you are loved and appreciated everyday!
Have a great rest of the weekend!
Jim
Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. What a fun and busy day! Man you boys sure do allot! Busy guys! Is this weather something or what? Love it!

    ReplyDelete